WEB SIDE UNDER CONSTRUCTION, JUST LISTED
Tied to the dock the X-482 is a beautiful yachts. Under sail she is nothing short of stunning. This is where the X-482 stands head and shoulders above her competition. Niels Jeppesen has drawn a sweet, easy driven hull that is incredibly stiff yet sea kind, In technical terms, the X-482's RMC for I degree of heels 335 kpm.
The comparison a modern IMS racer is similar size has an RMC of 290/300 kpm!! The higher the number, the stiffer the yacht, Thus the X-482 is very powerful yacht, with excellent stability and sail carrying ability.. She is a force to be reckoned with in strong winds, and in lighter conditions, her large, yet easily controlled sail plan makes her a yacht very hard to beat.
X-482's have achieved great results on the International racing scene- from Overall CHS Victory is China Sea Race series - to Dutch IMS Championship, beating purpose designed and build. Pure cace oriented machines on both events
Builder: X YACHTS
Main Category: Racing Sailboat
Build Year: 2003
Model Year: 2003
LOA: 48' (14.63m)
Beam: 14' 1" (4.29m)
Max Draft: 8' 2" (2.49m)
Propulsion: Direct Drive
Horse Power: 75
Displacement: 26455 Lbs
Water Capacity: 100 Gal
Holding Tank: 50 Gal
Fuel Capacity: 100 Gal
All tanks are located under the floorboard, which gives a low CGF and allows for large volume storage space below sofas and settees. A decent engine compartment with additional space for a permanently fitted diesel generator is a further plus. X-482 wins under both IRC and IMS - China Sea Race Series and Dutch IMS Championships.
The X-482 is delivered with 4 possible interiors, this one has the one with 4 staterooms. A »Modern« interior, with a large galley to port, and an uncluttered sofa arrangement opposite will suit most owners, whereas a more traditional arrangement with longitudinal berths and pipe cots in the saloon appeals to the offshore sailor , include 2 heads (one to port and one to starboard), pilot berths in the aft cabins, a sail bin which is separated from the accommodation by a watertight bulkhead, and a self-draining anchor locker. Whether you choose the »Modern« layout, or opt for the »Classic« version, the navigation station is designed to afford a secure working area with ample space for radio equipment and instrumentation. The electrical panel hinges open to allow easy access to the yacht’s wiring and distribution panels. Likewise the galley is provided with plenty of countertop space and stowage, and provision has been made for installation of a microwave oven (optional).
On deck, as well as below deck, every effort has been made to maintain a clean and elegantly simple look whilst incorporating all the deck hardware and sail controls that are required to operate a yacht of this size efficiently - whether short handed or fully crewed. Halyards and control lines lead to the cockpit through recessed channels to banks of rope clutches, and if the optional electrical primary winches are chosen, all normal sailing manoeuvres can be carried out with the aid of the electrical winches. A refreshing approach has been taken to the problem of wash board stowage on the X-482. These are now captives in their own garage at the companionway entrance. No more, "where did I put the washboards?", at the end of the day’s sail. Another key feature of the X-482 is the discreetly mounted sprayhood. As on the X-612, the sprayhood can be completely stowed away into a deck moulding forward of the main sliding hatch. When deployed the sprayhood provides excellent protection for the crew, yet maintains full forward visibility from the helm, a must for cruising, and a real bonus for the offshore racer.
Tied to the dock the X-482 is a beautiful yacht. Under sail she is nothing short of stunning. This is where the X-482 stands head and shoulders above her competition. Niels Jeppesen has drawn a sweet, easily driven hull that is incredibly stiff yet sea kind. In technical terms, the X-482’s RMC for 1 degree of heel is 335 kpm. By comparison a modern IMS racer of similar size has an RMC of 290-300 kpm! The higher the number, the stiffer the yacht. Thus the X-482 is a very powerful yacht, with excellent stability and sail carrying ability. She is a force to be reckoned with in strong winds, and in lighter conditions, her large, yet easily controlled sail plan makes her a yacht very hard to beat. X-482’s have achieved great results on the International racing scene - from Overall CHS Victory in China Sea Race Series - to Dutch IMS Championship, beating purpose designed and built. Pure race oriented machines on both events.
The interior of the X-482 has received special treatment from X-Yachts in-house design team. The moulded contoured companionway steps have been left unvarnished to enhance the natural non-skid quality of the teak. The steps hinge out to give excellent access to the main engine, and the white melamine facia to the companionway module will ensure that it keeps its new look while other finishes might start to show the ravages of time. Ease of maintenance of the interior is high on the priority list, and the GRP inner liners to the head / shower compartments take care of this potential problem area. This creates an overall feel of a light, airy interior which is practical at sea, yet offers all the creature comforts that you will demand once in harbour.
- Blue water spectra Leisure furl Main Sail
- 140% Hydranet Genoa
- 110% Hydranet Genoa
- 85 % Hydranet small fib with reef
- 155% Carbon Race Genea, RF Duff Length
- Radial Cruising Spinnaker with ATN Sock
FACTORY INSTALLED OPTIONS
- Twin needle bearing rudder system
- Encapsulated steel frame for ultimate rig loading
Options Factory installed:
- Hull in cobalt blue with white striping
- Bottom treatment, 3 coats epoxy
- New Bottom paint 2022
- New true valves, all replaced in 2022
- Teak on centre and deck house
- Teak in cockpit
- Open Halyard guide blocks at Halyard winch
- Anchor windlass w/ Gypsy & capstan
- Wash down pump in anchor locker
- Teak seats in aft pulpits
- Winch 6 mm paddies mounted ( 6 total for safety lines)
- Leather on steering wheel
- Reckmann Removable drum headsail furling system
- Furling boom, Leisure surf system, alloy boom , alloy Mandrill
- Deck light in mast
- Tricolor / anchor light / strobe at top of mast
- Folding mast steps (3)
- Interior Fabric - Leather (color TBD) Main cabin & Fwd cabin bench
- Interior fabric- forward and aft cabin TBD
- Lee cloth in aft cabin - 2 total, 1 for each cabin
- Red Nightlights over floor in main cabin (3)
- 3 blade folding propeller
- Bow thruster - max power VIP, 150 - 12 volt retractable
- Holding tank with deck fitting, level monitor and overboard pump FWD
- Holding tank with deck fitting, level monitor and OB pump Aft
- Upgrade level monitor to tank watch III- FWD and AFT tanks
- Upgrade Electric macerator pumps (2)
- Sealand Vaccum (Accu-Flush System)
- Extra Watertank 45 gallon
- Extra fuel tank 45 gallon
- galley foot pump
- Extra manual Bilge pump.
- Air condition Frigoboat Reverse cycle Heating/ ac system including compact 12 in sale/owners cabin(9900 BTU) and compact 9 in aft cabins (7500 BTU)
- Shower with hot/cold fresh water at cockpit near engine control
- Upgrade freezes unit Coolmatic, in top load box
- 85 liter ISOTHERM front opening refrigerator with ASU automatic
- Additional 140 AH deep cycle batteries (4)
- PANDA PMS 9000 w generator diesel < super quiet
- Cabinet with drawers on port side owners cabin .
- Shaft seal replaced 2022
- Cutlass bearing replaced 2022